Thursday, June 30, 2011

No Kims, Got Gaos

Venue: Ryan's Spot
Time: 3.30pm - 6.30pm
Bait: Live & Dead Prawns
Rig: Floater & Split Shot
Weather: Fair
Date: 27 June 2011(Mon)

Bought 300 grams of live prawns and proceed to Ryan's spot.
Mission for the day - Kim Ba Loks.

Rigged a floater with a giant live prawn from Sheng Siong. Out it went into the middle of the spot. Float was flowing with the incoming tide towards my direction when it slowly sank and stay 3/4 submerged under the surface.

It stayed there for a good one minute before I decided to check it out. Reeled in my line and saw this evil-looking fella!

Stonefish!


It was pretty fat and heavy! Cut the leader and back it went into the sea.....

Sheng Siong live prawns are not very lasting. It was less than 2 hours into the session and I am only left with 1 or 2 prawns still kicking alive.

Took one dead prawn and started spinning when I felt the familiar nibbling on the other end.
This baby grouper was no match to my banana rod at all.

It was released back into the sea as it was too small to be packed away.


Continued spinning my leftover dead prawn when I hit again!
This time round the fight was slighty stronger but still it was landed in 10 secs?

A slightly bigger grouper


I am sorry but I decided to pack this one home for my dinner.

Mission failed as I did not managed to land any Kims but I found a way to get the Gaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment